FeministWiki talk:Technical documentation
I admit I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to IRC, but I'm having trouble connecting to it. Tried with WeeChat and KiwiIRC and got the same error: "LDAP authentication failed". Is it a problem with me or with the server? Bcf (talk) 15:23, 19 May 2020 (CEST)
- @Bcf: The technical documentation is aimed more at sysadmins rather than end users, whereas end-user documentation for the various FeministWiki components is found on FW:Welcome. Still, I added a brief mention to this page of how the server authenticates clients, it's probably good to have it in multiple places.
- In KiwiIRC it should be enough to enable encryption (click the padlock icon to make it green) and enter your username and password into the standard fields. (It should switch to port 6697 when you enable encryption.)
- In WeeChat, add the FeministWiki via
/server add fw irc.feministwiki.org/6697 -ssland then set the username and password for the connection via
/set irc.fw.nicks Bcfand
/set irc.fw.password my_passwordand I think it should work. I haven't tested it though so please tell me if it doesn't work.
- BTW you can sign entries on talk pages with "~~~~" (four tildes) which will be automatically turned into a signature, like this. Technician (talk) 04:31, 19 May 2020 (CEST)
- @Technician: I figured maybe I was unable to connect to the server due to not capitalising the first character, but even after doing that I'm not able to connect to it. This is what my WeeChat config file looks like: 
- I also tried to set
sasl_usernameas my username, and
sasl_passwordas my password, but none of this worked. I still get
LDAP authentication failedin both WeeChat and Kiwi IRC. Bcf (talk) 16:12, 19 May 2020 (CEST)